Responsible for designing, detailing and supporting the development of custom machines specific to customer specifications.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Work with other engineers and team members from IPTE facilities worldwide to design production equipment
- Analyze engineering drawings, and specifications to develop equipment and processes
- Perform engineering calculations relating to machine design
- Conceptualize and design of equipment, using standard available parts, components and modules (market solutions, private IPTE-standards or solutions specified by the customer)
- Prepare 2D drawings for fabrication and machining parts
- Prepare bill of materials with all details required to purchase materials need to build equipment
- Generate fluid power schematics and bill of materials
- Communicate as needed with other design engineers, controls engineers, purchasers, technicians, external contractors, suppliers and customers
- Work within project assignment constraints including scope, budget and timeline
- Understand health, safety and quality compliance standards for the country in which the work is performed
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Provide status updates on work assignments to internal IPTE stakeholders
- Support the development of proposals/quotations for new projects being bid by IPTE
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering/Electro-mechanics or similar
- Minimum 2 years’ experience designing in the automation industry working with production equipment, experience in automotive or electronics manufacturing is preferred.
- Proficient and fluency in SolidWorks
- A working knowledge of mechanical systems used in custom machines
- Proficient and fluency of PC based Microsoft Suites
- Ability to work effectively with customers and other team members according to deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills, both written and oral, which are necessary within a project both internally and in relation with the customer
- Ability to work in teams and independently to solve technical challenges
- Travel Approximately 10-25% (National and International)
At IPTE, LLC we offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package.
IPTE, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. At IPTE, LLC we are committed to attracting and retaining a qualified and diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Please apply online and send your CV to the following email address
6245 Shiloh Road - Suite B
Alpharetta GA 30005
t.a.o. David Holland
Tel. +1 (470) 695-7875
E-mail: David Holland